Conversations With Myself
Monday, August 29, 2005
  It's the start of the School Year again
My daughter started High School today, 9th grade. Hard to believe that it has been 15 years since she was born let alone the fact that she is entering High School. I think that she is entering what can be the best 4 years of her life. I know some people probably had a better time in college, but for me high school was where I found the friends that I remember the best. It could be that I was more involved with people then, in college and later in life I found that I am basically a rather non-social person. One with interests that are out of the mainstream and as a result I really don't care to become close with too many people.

I do know that I am very picky about friends and do not commit to them easily. It may be that my wife and I have found in the past that every time we got close to another couple, with which we had more than just one interest in common, that they would move away. As a result, I have to say that we got rather gunshy about becoming close with other couples.

So to my daughter, I say, cherish the next 4 years, they easily can be the best years of your life, and the friends that you make in High School will stay in your memories for the rest of your life.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Here you will find what I find interesting to comment on. What interests me is Music, especially Church Music. Photography, Programming, Golf, and Politics.

Name:
Location: Thorndale, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been married for almost 23 years, and am the father of a teenage girl. I spend my days programming in just about any language they want in the banking and investing field. In the evening I work on my music, currently concentrating on arrangements and new choral pieces for my Church Choir. I have been Minister of Music, at my church for the past year, looking forward to next year. When I have time, I take pictures of anything and anyone. Also I play golf, not very well, but I enjoy it. Finally what I enjoy most is spending time with my family.

Blogs I Read

ARCHIVES
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / January 2007 /


Terror Alert Level

Powered by Blogger