Conversations With Myself
Friday, August 26, 2005
  New York, New York
I spent the first weekend in August in New York city. The family, my wife, daughter and I went to New York to see Spamalot. It was a Sunday performance, and unfortunately we did not get to see Tim Curry, a favorite of my wife, or Sara Ramirez, who won the Tony. However, the cast was top notch and David Hyde Pierce was great in multiple roles. Hank Azaria had already left the cast but his replacement, Alan Tudyk was very good. Afterwards, several of the Cast Members including David Hyde Pierce came out and signed autographs. I am often amazed that they would take the time, it is always fun to see how gracious many actors are, and how many of them realize that their fans are part of how they got there.

As you are walking around New York City, and travel on the Subway, I get the feeling how New York City natives get the reputation for being rude and impersonal. I rode the subway on the weekend, it was not crowded, and I could only imagine what it would be like if it was crowded. But I think that is what contribututes to the outward appearance of New Yorker's being rude and uncaring. You need to be insolated on the subway, you speak only to people you know, if you are alone it is like being in an elevator. You stare straight ahead, read a book, listen to your tunes. It is a world unto itself. Then as you leave the Subway, and move toward your destination, you still are isolated, you are just one of many people moving about crowded streets, with a single-minded purpose.

This, is of course nothing more than some random observations. I enjoyed the entire time I spent in New York, although I think I could live there, I don't think my family could live there, I just would not feel comfortable living in New York City with a 15 year old girl living in that City. Just something that doesn't feel like something I would be comfortable with, but then again I am not a big city type of person...
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Here you will find what I find interesting to comment on. What interests me is Music, especially Church Music. Photography, Programming, Golf, and Politics.

Name:
Location: Thorndale, Pennsylvania, United States

I have been married for almost 23 years, and am the father of a teenage girl. I spend my days programming in just about any language they want in the banking and investing field. In the evening I work on my music, currently concentrating on arrangements and new choral pieces for my Church Choir. I have been Minister of Music, at my church for the past year, looking forward to next year. When I have time, I take pictures of anything and anyone. Also I play golf, not very well, but I enjoy it. Finally what I enjoy most is spending time with my family.

Blogs I Read

ARCHIVES
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / January 2007 /


Terror Alert Level

Powered by Blogger